Wednesday, February 15, 2006

2 Month Doctor's Appointment...

Yesterday was Nick's 2 month doctor's appointment. He now weighs 14 pounds which is just over 2 pounds more than the last appointment. He is now 61 cm long (24 inches) - 1 cm longer than last time - and his head circumference is 42 cm (about 16 inches) - 2 cm bigger than last time.

This appointment Nick had to get his first shots. That was the most traumatic thing that has happened so far. I don't know who was more upset, him or me. He was fine after the shots, we came home and just relaxed in bed together, we also gave him a little tylenol to make the pain go away.

A few hours later, he started getting really fussy and started crying more. His leg started to get red and swollen. Nothing would make him feel better except me holding him against my chest rocking back and forth. I had to be standing, as soon as I sat down or moved him he would start screaming. It took two of us to change his diaper. One person trying to distract him and calm him down, while the other changed the diaper. As soon as I would get him calm, and try to set him down to sleep he would wake up screaming.

This went on for a hour or so, and then I gave him more tylenol to try and make him feel better. As soon as the tylenol kicked in he was much better.

So as you can see yesterday was the most heart-breaking day I have had so far. I hope I never have to hear him cry like that again.

--Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home